• Blog >
  • Summer Pet Travel
RSS Feed

Summer Pet Travel

Traveling over the summer? Make sure your pet is ready for your summer vacation plans. If your pet will be boarding at a local kennel, be sure their up to date on necessary vaccinations including kennel cough and canine influenza. These two respiratory diseases are quickly spread dog to dog and causes coughing. Severe cases of both kennel cough and dog flu can lead to pneumonia. Call our office today to make sure your pet is up to date.

If your pet is traveling with you, a health certificate may be necessary for travel. Standard USDA health certificates are required for pets traveling between states while pets traveling outside of the country often require more extensive paperwork. Some countries even require blood testing, including rabies titers. These titers are required by the government in countries that have lower incidences of rabies than we do here in the United States in order to prevent spread of this deadly disease. Rabies titers are sometime required to be performed six months in advance of travel, depending on your destination country and required laws. You can check individual country health certificate requirements at: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_welfare/pet_travel/pet_travel_basics.shtml. If you plan to travel with your pet, please contact our office so that we can help ensure all necessary paperwork and documents are in order prior to travel .We can help to ensure your vacation plans go smoothly and without a hitch!