Western medical acupuncture is a therapeutic modality involving the insertion of fine needles. It is an adaptation of Chinese acupuncture using current knowledge of animal physiology, anatomy and pathology, and the principles of evidence based medicine.
Here at Parktown we can use medical acupuncture to treat a variety of diseases and conditions in your animal friend:
- Musculoskeletal/Orthopedic: Arthritis, elbow dysplasia, hip dysplasia, chronic pain
- Neurologic: Intervertebral disk disease, nerve injury/paralysis, seizures
- Gastrointestinal: Inflammatory bowel disease, Constipation, Poor appetite
- Respiratory: Sinusitis, bronchitis, asthma
- Urinary: FLUTD/Idiopathic cystitis, Kidney pain/disease, recurrent urinary tract infection
- Dermatologic: Atopy, dry skin, allergies
- Endocrine: Chronic kidney failure, Diabetes, Cushings
- Other: Cancer pain, homeostasis management, agility/performance enhancement
Endorphin release is a natural result from the placement of acupuncture in target locations near nerves, vessels and muscles. This makes therapy generally relaxing and enjoyable for the pet and owner.
Let us help your pet live a full, active life. Consult with Dr. Cheryl Thur about how physical medicine techniques such as acupuncture, massage and laser therapy treatment can improve quality of life for your pet.